[Pulp-dev] 3.0.0rc8 is available

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 16:06:28 UTC 2019

I'm announcing only on pulp-dev since plugins will need to release
compatibility updates. pulp_file hopefully will release today, if I can get
it done before my PTO. When it does release that announcement should go to
pulp-list.

See the new combined user-facing and plugin-writer-facing changelog here
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/nightly/changes.html#rc8-2019-11-13

# links to bits
https://pypi.org/project/pulpcore/
https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/releases/tag/3.0.0rc8

# pinning plugin versions to rc8
I'd like to hear what others think, but I believe we need to have plugin
releases pin to the minimum of 3.0.0rc8 and the maximum of 3.1. I'm not so
great at the ~ syntax so to me that is:

pulpcore>=3.0.0rc8
pulpcore<3.1

Is that equivalent to pulpcore~=3.0.0rc8  ?