[Pulp-dev] Plugin Release Issues -- needs assistance

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 16:24:02 UTC 2019

I've been making PRs to release pulp_file, and what I realized (after
@dkliban told me) was that we have a circular release dependency. We can't
release pulp-certguard (see the failed build [0]) without pulp_file being
released, and we can't release pulp_file without pulp-cerguard being
released [1].

This is also going to prevent all plugins from releasing because the
plugin_tempalte is what is creating this circular dependency.

I'm on PTO, but I wanted to relay this info. I recommend we remove
pulp-certguard entirely from the plugin_template and then apply that to all
of the plugins. If someone is able to do that today, that would be helpful,
I think.

[0]: https://travis-ci.org/pulp/pulp-certguard/builds/612040760
[1]: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/pull/313

All the best,