[Pulp-dev] Repo version validation

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 3 16:20:24 UTC 2019

We have a blocker for Pulp 3.0 GA[0] that we need to address soon in order
to let plugins leverage it in their upcoming GA releases. It involves
allowing plugin writers to validate content in a repo version. It's
somewhat related to validating uniqueness in a repo version[1] except there
are cases other than uniqueness that plugins might want to handle. One
example might be a case where we want to prevent a user from adding a
docker tag that points to a manifest outside a repo from getting added to
the repo. I'm not sure if this is an actual example but it gives you an
idea that there might be other non-unique validation plugin writers might
want to add.

Brian proposed a solution on 3541 that I think solves the problem[2]. I was
hoping to maybe get some feedback on it so we could proceed by October 9.

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3541
[1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5008
[2] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3541

David