[Pulp-dev] Repo version validation

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 16:55:41 UTC 2019

The solution proposed in #3541 looks good for validation purposes.
My understanding of the problem is that a plugin needs to apply some logic
and decide which content to keep and which content to remove at repo
version creation time and perform these changes.
Examples:
 - add to a repo version only RPMs signed with a specific key
 - removal of the moduled content should automagically remove related RPMs
from a repo version.

In theory, for the examples above, if we have validation only, user can be
forced to prepare perfect add/remove requests, however I think it won't be
a good user experience.

Can it be done in the same way as the suggestion for validation? Just if it
makes sense for plugin to "fix" repo version itself, they will do it,
otherwise validation error can be raised. What do you think?

Tanya