[Pulp-dev] Repo version validation

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 21:01:41 UTC 2019

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think @bmbouter's solution could handle the first example of checking
> RPMs against a specific key.
>
> The second example is trickier though because the validation would have to
> know which module is being removed in order to know which packages to
> remove from the repo. This is because the packages could exist in the repo
> independently of the module. I think it'd have to have the list of
> additions/removals in order to handle that use case.

It would have reference to the repo_version being created, so I think it
would have the RepositoryVersion.removed queryset to inspect.  I think this
is mainly useful for copy operations at which point the copy endpoint may
be a better tool for features like plugin-provided dependency resolution
versus the generic copy operations in core.

I keep thinking these use cases are for copy not sync, because only in the
copy case is the plugin writer's code not already involved.