[Pulp-dev] Pulpcore RC5 Release Planning

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Mon Sep 2 16:21:37 UTC 2019

tl;dr  --  Let's release pulpcore and pulpcore-plugin on Tuesday Sept 10th.
Please identify any backwards incompatible changes or high-risk changes as
blockers here [2].

It's been ~ 5 weeks since pulpcore and pulpcore-plugin have released. There
are several changes ready for each [0][1] . I propose we release both on
Sept 10th.

# Blockers
I made the blockers list here [2], and I put
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5008 on it. It's possible this may be the last
RC (I'm not sure) so any significant change in pulpcore that we know about
should be a blocker. Please identify those by putting them onto the
etherpad.

# Upgrade form RC4 -> RC5
There was no migration editing or squashing in pulpcore so I believe users
should be able to upgrade from RC4 to RC5.

# Plugin compatibility releases
As this time I see no breaking changes in the changelogs [0][1] so as of
now, it should not require plugins to produce compatibility releases.

Concerns, questions, or any kind of feedback is welcome either on-list or
off.

[0]: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/tree/master/CHANGES
[1]: https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore-plugin/tree/master/CHANGES
[2]: https://etherpad.net/p/pulpcore_rc5_blocker_list