[Pulp-dev] Turning release notes into user content

Melanie Corr mcorr at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 18:37:26 UTC 2020

Hi all,

As part of the effort to broaden awareness of Pulp and increase
interactions with both current and future community members, I am looking
into increasing frequency of blog posts on the Pulp site. This will also
help with a social media strategy also.

Currently, I can see that there is a high level of transparency on the
site, with release note update information being regularly posted, but with
some effort this could be slightly more digestible for the reader.

I would like to try and take this content that is gathered with the
towncrier tool to see if I could develop the output into user content, for
example, why this incremental update benefits the user, how does fixing x
bug make the user's life easier, and so on.

To do this, I would need to collect the output of towncrier myself, or the
draft output if I wanted to prepare a post in advance of a release.

Can you advise how I would go about collecting this?
If you have any further suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

--

Melanie Corr, RHCE

Community Manager