[Pulp-dev] redmine process for katello-integration-related issues

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 23:12:05 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 6:17 PM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:

> A couple observations: the 3.3[0] and 3.4[1] milestones already exist in
> redmine. Also, you won't be able to assign any of the MODIFIED issues to
> 3.3 because they're all plugin issues and the 3.3 milestone is exclusive to
> pulpcore. IMHO, I probably wouldn't assign any issues to any milestones. I
> think it would be worse having an issue on the wrong milestone than it
> being unassigned.

If pulpcore is the only thing that has the version-milestones, then we're
at a dead stop. The whole point of the initial process proposal, was that
"milestone" would be able to completely replace the Katello-PX tags as a
way for Katello to tell us what they needed/expected when; if that's only
useful for pulpcore, then we have missed the mark, since the tags are used
cross-organizationally.

If you look at the list of open-issues
<https://pulp.plan.io/issues?c%5B%5D=project&c%5B%5D=tracker&c%5B%5D=status&c%5B%5D=priority&c%5B%5D=subject&c%5B%5D=author&c%5B%5D=assigned_to&c%5B%5D=cf_3&c%5B%5D=cf_7&f%5B%5D=status_id&f%5B%5D=cf_7&f%5B%5D=&group_by=&op%5Bcf_7%5D=%3D&op%5Bstatus_id%5D=o&set_filter=1&sort=project%2Cstatus%2Ccf_7&t%5B%5D=&utf8=%E2%9C%93&v%5Bcf_7%5D%5B%5D=Katello-P1&v%5Bcf_7%5D%5B%5D=Katello-P2&v%5Bcf_7%5D%5B%5D=Katello-P3>
currently tagged with Katello-PX tags, you'll see more than pulpcore in
there.

>From ttereshc's summary email:

>    - tag katello-related issues as 'Katello'
>

>    - *use the milestone field to define the planned-pulp-release-version*
>

>    - use the Priority field to mark how important it is *to Katello*
>

>    - remove the existing Katello P1/2/3 tags
>
>  If we can't mark non-pulpcore-issues with "planned-pulp-release-version",
then this proposal is DOA.

Clearly, we need some more discussion! Anyone else want to join in?