[Pulp-dev] CI/CD meeting notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 13:50:05 UTC 2020

April 29, 2020

   -

   Check CI statuses
   -

      pulpcore - failing for 20 days
      -

         Merge single container PR
         -

      pulp - failing for 24 days
      -

         Dkliban to file a bug
         -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6597
         -

      pulp_rpm - failing intermittently?
      -

         Perf tests failing. Will raise with pulp_rpm team. (Failing due
         repos hosted on http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/)
         -

      pulp_installer - failing?
      -

         Mikedep333 is working on it
         -

         Molecule pinned the dependency - Mike will cleanup our own pinning
         -

   Which approach for https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6586
   -

      Do #4, based on whether running in container or not
      -

   What we need to automate the release?
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp3_Release_Guide
      -

      Automate steps 1-9. Have it output the git tag + push step and the
      query for step 12.
      -

      Goal: have at least one automation task per sprint
      -

      AI: daviddavis to file an issue
      -

   Is there a label or GHA for “merge on CI success and approving review”?
   -

      https://github.com/marketplace/actions/merge-pull-requests#configuration
      -

      AI: mikedep333 to test out action on pulp_installer and
      pulp_rpm_prereqs
      -

      https://github.com/marketplace/actions/merge-pull-requests
      -

         Mike to add on pulp_instaler & rpm_prereqs
         -

         Write access is required to add label. So for now, educate
         reviewers to not add label, so that no drive-by contributor totally
         rewrites the commit after review (before CI finishes). In
long-term, look
         into requiring re-review when a change is made to a PR.
         -

   Can any of these MODIFIED issues be closed out?
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5763
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5764
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5766
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5775
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6043
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6071
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6094
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6095
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6339
      -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6409
      -

      AI: dkliban to close out these issues
      -

   Plugins’ 3.3.0 release process had (easily overcome) errors due to devs
   not updating plugin_template.yml branches variables.
   -

      Mike to add to release process.
      -

   https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/pull/211
   -

      Concerns about “--all” option
      -

      AI: mdellweg to reach out to mcorr for advice
      -

   Moving repos to travis-ci.com: follow up on pulp-dev list
   -

   AI: mdellweg to file issue to test against python 3.6

David