[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installer meeting minutes -- April 29, 2020

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 15:05:34 UTC 2020

Topics

   -

   Do we still need the pulp_webserver_static_dir role var?
   -

      No, issue filed https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6601
      -

   Do we need to install prereleases? https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6551
   (able to install galaxy_ng without --pre)
   -

      Not for galaxy_ng, but needed as part of CI epic mikedep333 is
      working on
      -

      Next step: move back to NEW until it’s needed as part of mikedep333
      epic
      -

   Change to nginx config snippets dir
   -

      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/278
      -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6594
         -

      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/277#discussion_r416894965
      -

   Adding Changelog for installer
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6602
      -

   Time to have docs page?
   -

      Want to have docs that work both on Galaxy and for users off galaxy
      -

      Next step: mikedep333 to develop a plan see action items
      -

   Bin Li’s installer issue
   -

      Dkliban to email asking which version of pulp_installer is being used

Previous Action Items

   -

Action Items

   -

   [fao89] PR 278: Add a separate ansible tasks to enumerate our symlinks,
   and delete them. Tag (per ansible task/block) with “cleanup”.
   -

      Testing will involve installing with ansible-pulp 3.2.x (pulpcore
      3.2.x) on pulplift, and plugins specified via “version”. Then running
      latest ansible-pulp (and “upgrade: true” for plugins.
      -

   [x9c4] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6601
   -

   [mikedep333] to implement 6602 to review next meeting
   -

   [mikedep333] to come to May 6th installer meeting with an actionable
   plan for how to improve our documentation, maybe a docs site, or maybe
   README.md on galaxy or both