[Pulp-dev] Documentation issues

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 13:59:18 UTC 2020

GMTA, was thinking about exactly this over the weekend. Even we don't/can't
declare a "Doc Day" (which I think is a fine idea, but I know how schedules
are right now...), being intentional about "I will assign one doc-issue to
myself and get a PR submitted by COB Friday" would knock a bunch of issues
out that have been waiting around for quite some time.

Thanks for writing this up, Ina!

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 7:30 AM Ina Panova <ipanova at redhat.com> wrote:

> Folks,
> I noticed that currently on the sprint we have roughly ~10 issues with
> Documentation tag. Some of them have been carried over multiple sprints and
> probably realistically still will be carried over.
>
> What do you think about dedicating a day and knock them down?
> It will roughly be an issue per person. I am not suggesting to dedicate
> whole 8 hours but let's say setting a goal for every team member for that
> day:"Today I am going to prioritize docs issues and knock down at least one
> documentation issue and submit a PR"
>
> Please provide feedback, and if the team feels like this is a good idea
> I'll go ahead and pick a day in our calendar and mark it as "Docs day".
> --------
> Regards,
>
> Ina Panova
> Senior Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.
>
> "Do not go where the path may lead,
>  go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering