[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 17:19:20 UTC 2020

The agenda with the meeting notes are now public
https://hackmd.io/@pulp/rpm_meeting.
Feel free to add any items which require RPM mini-team attention. We meet
once a week to go through the agenda items.

Notes from yesterday:

Pulp 3:

   - As a user, I want to be able to use ansible to manage a pulp rpm repo
   https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7222
   - What if we move this agenda to hack.md? +1
      - ttereshc will create a doc - done
   - 3.6 release
      - Likely Tuesday, Aug-18

Pulp 2:

   - How do we address PRs that are features
   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1799
      - solved
   - Email on pulp-internal list about fixing checksum mismatch
      - ttereshc to take a look

3-month planning prep:

   - Current plans (Jul-Sep)
      - RBAC (postpone?)
      - Zchunk support (postpone?)
      - Known bugs for Katello
      - Import/export
   - Sep-Nov planning
      - RBAC (if not done earlier)
      - Known bugs for Katello
      - Candidates (vote with +1s):
         - Items from previous planning which are not complete
            - RBAC
            - Zchunk support - postpone
         - As a user I can set/update repo_gpgcheck and gpg_check options
         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6926 +1 to add +1+1 +1 +1
         - RPM signing and re-signing https://pulp.plan.io/issues/1686 +1
         - As a user, I can do a one-shot upload of custom repository
         metadata https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5433 +1 +1
         - As a user, I can view sub repositories
         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5556
         - As a user, I want to be able to use ansible to manage a pulp rpm
         repo https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7222 - dkliban plans to work on
         it soon as a part of CLI effort +1 +1 +1
         - FIPS +1 +1
         - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5510 - notes/tags +1 +1

Open PRs:

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls