[Pulp-dev] When to declare Pulp safe for multi-user?

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 20:13:39 UTC 2020

I am in favor of the idea to declare plugins one-by-one as they can be.
Also +1 to adding the column on the plugin list on pulpproject.org here
<https://pulpproject.org/content-plugins/#pulp-3-content-plugins-information>.
I like these ideas better than what I suggested because it doesn't push
plugins to rush-to-implement rbac yet allows pulpcore and pulp_file to go
ahead and do so with 3.7. Please share if there are additional thoughts and
concerns, but the working plan I'm perceiving right now for 3.7 is to:

* enable rbac for pulpcore endpoints - I started an epic for all of these
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7338 This is not complete, but give us an idea
of where we're going. I will add to this epic and discuss before work
begins.
* enable django-admin more widely for managing object level permissions. It
will also be able to view all objects, but not modify or add model data
(which would bypass the DRF serializers). This will come with this PR
https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/838 and goes with this issue
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7336
* enable rbac for pulp_file endpoints - I stubbed out this epic here, I'll
be adding to it https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7339
* declare pulpcore itself multi-user safe, along with a new column on the
plugins list page - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7309

More feedback, ideas, and concerns are welcome.