[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installer(s) Team Meeting Minutes 2020-12-09
mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Dec 9 16:12:47 UTC 2020
## December 9 Agenda
* Older issues still at modified. No milestone set.
* Releasing doc doesn't mention updating redmine
* Release process is somewhat painful
* e.g. having to manually close out issues and assign them to the
* Maybe worth automating?
* pulpcore version x pulp_installer version: use template
* Continuous Release "with every commit"?
* Versions like 3.8.1-1-dev-20201209123456
* pretty similar to nightly.yml from pulp plugins
* [spredzy] to make a writeup for pulp-dev ML
* FIPS/SELinux CI Approaches
* [Qemu Emulation on GHA](
* 100 min runtime per job
* Given a matrix of centos7 vs centos8, master branch of
pulpcore/plugins vs releases, and fips vs selinux
* we could do 2 of those tests, with the opposite set of options
* we could also do FIPS & SELinux in the same test, most users
with FIPS also have SELinux enabled
* No security implications
* No management overhead
* Agreed: This approach. Which tests to run at PR time is TBD, but
definitely for cron.
* persistent server from QE
* Possibly only 1 job at a time
* High security implications
* Moderate management overhead
* Agreed: Tell them we'll follow up in a week as we pursue Qemu
* using a cloud provider w/ ephemeral instances (from GHA runner w/ a
cloud provider vagrant plugin)
* Moderate security implications
* Little management overhead
* can we safely rename variables we never advertised to exist?
* 1 or 2 users (from the ML, told to use them with a warning) will
probably be broke
He / Him / His
Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp
Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev