[Pulp-dev] Renaming master to main for pulp_deb

Quirin Pamp pamp at atix.de
Thu Dec 10 20:38:02 UTC 2020

I am considering renaming the "master" branch in pulp_deb to "main" and using "main" as the new default branch.
I have prepared a PR that performs the relevant code changes: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_deb/pull/239

Before I go any further I would like to collect some feedback if anyone can think of any problems that might result from this change.
Are there any other repositories that might reference the default (master) branch of the pulp_deb plugin in code?
Are there any URLs in documentation that might need to be changed?
Is there some other (technical) reason not to go ahead with this, or use a different name than "main"?

Quirin Pamp (quba42)