[Pulp-dev] Pulpcore team meeting notes

Tanya Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 15:11:06 UTC 2020

Previous action items

   - [dkliban] to schedule backlog grooming meeting
      - done
   - [dkliban] to email plugins about and close out
   https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7895
      - email sent, the issue will be closed today
   - [bmbouter] release pulp_file 1.5.0
      - dkliban will do it today

<https://hackmd.io/XfI9DxymSAu6UJnblh7prQ?both#Topics1>Topics

   - Move off Travis https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7859
      - Wrap up remaining issues?
         - ttereshc to pick up the cherrypick processor removal
         - need a volunteer for the remaining task to publish docs on every
         push
      - pulp_file 1.5.0 https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7953
      - Looks like brian was able to fix the deprecation
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/pull/451
      - Still needs release and a volunteer - dkliban
   - Object labels https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7127
      - Updated issue with the design
      - Hoping someone can move this forward to deliver in pulpcore 3.10
   - Backports https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7950 and
   https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7951
      - on hold till the fixes are merged
      - galaxy requirement: pulpcore>=3.7,<3.9 (backport will be needed in
      3.7 and 3.8)
      https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/blob/4.2.0/setup.py#L60
   - Is it ok that user can’t see any checksum for on_demand content?
   https://paste.ofcode.org/nXQBX7zVQWaxRbCFx2zrFw
      - I wonder if it matters for the FIPS reporting case
      - probably ok to have it as is, not much added value but a hassle to
      make the remote checksum available
   - RBAC - objects that do not have access policy are accessible by default
      - should we change for the opposite behaviour?
      - discuss on pulp-dev [x9c4]
   - bump of the plugin version during the pulpcore compatibility release
      - what is the reason to bump Y version if no major changes have been
      in the plugin?
         - the change of the floor version of pulpcore dependency
      - should we document this somewhere? It might be helpful to have a
      guide that will tell when to bump plugin version and pulpcore version in
      the plugin release process
         - update the release guide and plugin templates in plan.io
      - Can we make the users, groups and permissions resources manageble
   by the rest-api?
      - enables us to add cli commands for them
   - Can we add a test that searches for log messages with deprecation
   warnings?
      - it would be nice, but where?
         - plugin-from-pypi? probably too late
      - [x9c4] write a task
   - Should backports be backported to every (minor) version between the
   fix and the requested version
      - we need an LTS, 3.7 is de facto an LTS version.

<https://hackmd.io/XfI9DxymSAu6UJnblh7prQ?both#Action-Items1>Action Items

   - [dkliban] to release 1.5.0
   - [ttereshc] work on https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7869
   - [x9c4] write a task to have a test that searches for log messages with
   deprecation warnings
   - [x9c4] start a pulp-dev thread about RBAC - objects that do not have
   access policy are accessible by default
   - [dklban] to look at https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/799
   - [ttereshc] update the release guide and plugin templates in plan.io to
   clarify when to bump plugin’s Y release.