[Pulp-dev] Moving to Github Actions

Fabricio Aguiar fabricio.aguiar at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 17:44:30 UTC 2020

I believe we can add GH actions on plugin_template,  then we would have:
$ ./plugin-template --travis PLUGIN_NAME
or
$ ./plugin-template --ghactions PLUGIN_NAME
it is not implemented yet on plugin_template,
but my experience with pulp_file (https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/pull/353)
makes me think it will be easy to create a template for it since I didn't
change many files,
and I have not removed travis.
This way, we can make plugin_template run both, travis and GH actions.
Working with GH actions was a good exercise, I struggled to find a
replacement for TRAVIS_COMMIT_RANGE, and got some config issues with
kubectl and httpie.
I personally think changing to GH is totally optional for plugins, but I
believe ansible-pulp and pulp_rpm_prerequisites should move to GH actions,
as both not use plugin_template and consume a lot of time.
And make plugin_template run in both travis and GH actions, for pushing us
to be more agnostic.

Best regards,
Fabricio Aguiar
Software Engineer, Pulp Project