[Pulp-dev] CI/CD meeting notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 21:23:07 UTC 2020

*February 12, 2020*

   -

   Monitor builds
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6126
      -

      Investigate options more after we decide CI
      -

   Github Actions
   -

      Define when to move ansible-pulp and pulp_rpm_prerequisites
      -

         https://github.com/pulp/ansible-pulp/pull/217
         -

         https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm_prerequisites/pull/33
         -

      Start on NPM plugin? https://github.com/pulp/pulp_npm/pull/2
      -

      Debugging: https://github.com/marketplace/actions/debugging-with-tmate
      -

      AI: daviddavis to update epic (https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6065) and
      bump thread
      -

   Apparently read permissions allow to restart builds on travis
   -

      AI: daviddavis to look into creating a Contributors group that has
      read access to all pulp repos
      -

   Software Factory Zuul
   -

      Having to bring our own resources defeats much of the purpose
      -

   Nested Virtualization on Travis, and maybe GHA, as a possible far easier
   solution
   -

      Might be dependent on VirtualBox software virtualization
      -

         For VBox, hardware virtualization is desired but not required.
         -

         Still much faster than emulation like qemu w/o kvm. Although
         emulation is still worth considering; it works everywhere.
         -

      Github Actions
      https://github.community/t5/GitHub-Actions/Enable-nested-virtualization-for-VMs/td-p/40662
      -

   Should we have an IRC channel?
   -

      Keep discussions in pulp-dev for greater visibility
      -

   Requesting an extra reviewer for:
   https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/pull/183
   -

   Travis insights (builds and queues increasing):
   -

      https://travis-ci.org/pulp?tab=insights
      -

      https://travis-ci.com/pulp?tab=insights