[Pulp-dev] switch from Python to JSON settngs file

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 14:39:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 9:22 AM Bruno Rocha <rochacbruno at redhat.com> wrote:

> From the issue:
>
> Writing aws_default_acl: None in the pulp_settings variable gets rendered
>> to AWS_DEFAULT_ACL = "None", not AWS_DEFAULT_ACL = None
>>

> As TOML does not allow `null` values dynaconf has a special syntax for
> expressing that:
> https://dynaconf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/environment_variables.html#precedence-and-type-casting
>
> aws_default_acl: "@none None" might be a workaround.

Thank you Bruno! Could you please comment on the issue?

This should resolve the issue that I linked in my original email.
However,there is still a problem when the setting value is a list or a
dictionary. The template needs to be much more robust to handle that. It
still makes sense to switch to JSON.