[Pulp-dev] S3 support for development/testing

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 16:16:26 UTC 2020

Sounds good.

See in-line replies.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:31 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks! This story sounds great; please let me know how I can help.
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:28 PM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Yea, good catch. I meant having plugin_template test against minio and
>> not s3.
>>
>> David
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:22 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This testing is much needed, so I'm glad to hear it's progressing. Thank
>>> you for organizing. I put some questions inline. +1 to prioritizing it
>>> until it's in place.

>>> I saw the script posted here:
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6155
I am OK with us using a script indefinitely.

- We'll add a plugin_template config value that will run the functional

>>> Do you mean minio hosting S3 or actually S3?

The script as it is right now seems to be very reliant on conventional pulp
installs, and will not work with the Travis host / pulp-operator
containers. It uses "prestart", modifies /etc/cpulp/settings.py, etc.
It *might* be faster just to use minio with the operator:
https://docs.min.io/docs/deploy-minio-on-kubernetes.html

>>> - I think the pulp-devel role should always install and configure minio
>>>>
>>> This sounds great
>>>
>> Fine with me. We can call the script as a task, and add an option to call
it or not.

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His

Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp