[Pulp-dev] 3.1 GA plan -- Jan 30th

Simon Baatz gmbnomis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:15:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:10:34PM -0500, Brian Bouterse wrote:
>    David and I are coordinating the 3.1 pulpcore release. We are proposing
>    we release 3.1 on Jan 30th, and have it be a time-based release.
>    Tentatively, we hope to release about a pulpcore y-release every month
>    for the foreseeable feature. It's also worth noting that 3.1 could
>    bring breaking changes to the plugin API as the plugin API has not yet
>    stabilized.
>    Currently the items we want to include are shown in the 3.1 milestone:
>    [1]https://pulp.plan.io/versions/73
>    Please email the list raising any issue your plugin needs, or a user
>    use case that you feel needs to be included in 3.1.
>    At the moment, the main user-visible features are around content
>    signing. To practically benefit users, plugins will need to integrate
>    against these content signing facilities. For example, metadata or
>    Artifact signing features in plugins.
>    Cheers,
>    Brian & David

Who wants features when one can squash bugs?

- Bring the repo_key uniqueness saga to a happy ending (hopefully):
  #5567 and #5964

- This is a funny one: Filters for Publications (for real!): #5968

Possible Features (no must haves for 3.1, these are on my list of
issues to watch. I just want to ensure that they aren't excluded from
3.1 just because we forgot about them):

- When we switched to typed repos, we discussed about implementing a
  universal "list repos" endpoint. I can't find an issue though?

- #5286 (option to handle 404s gracefully during sync)