[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3/Katello integration meeting notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 16:14:56 UTC 2020

July 1st, 2020

Pulp

   -

   Core
   -

      3.5 scheduled for July 7th
      -

      Import/export
      -

         Discussion
         <https://hackmd.io/@ggainey/importexport_lowlevel_naturalkeys>
         around switching to natural keys
         -

         Work on kickstarts continues
         -

      Relative_path problem/ mirrored metadata
      -

   Pulp-certguard
   -

      Release 1.0.0 GA today!
      -

         Announcements will go to pulp-list and twitter
         -

      Compat releases will occur as pulpcore continues to release, e.g. 3.5
      on July 7th
      -

   RPM
   -

      retain_package_versions, under review/done
      -

      Copy comps, in progress
      -

      Bug fixes
      -

   Migration
   -

      Comps relation issues fixed
      -

      GroupTaskReport merged, in master
      -

      Kickstart bug fixes, in progress

Katello

   -

   Need to retest migration plugin now that comps association is removed
   -

   Incremental update continues (multi-repo dep solving)
   -

   Still working to get 3.4 backported to 3.16rc
   -

   Capsule support for content guard
   -

   How do we get new fixes in migration plugin? Katello 3.16 is on pulpcore
   3.4.
   -

      Pulp to investigate

Topics

   -

   Handling backports
   -

      Pulp has multiple stakeholders. Doesn’t have capacity to handle
      backports for every stakeholder
      -

      Currently we do z-releases but we’re doing them for the current
      y-release stream now
      -

      LTS line that we backport fixes to? Would need one for each
      stakeholder
      -

      Release more z-streams
      -