[Pulp-dev] Pulp Container meeting minutes

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 12:52:19 UTC 2020

Pulp 3:

   -

   With rbac we might want to have namespaces as objects to assign
   permissions to it
   -

      Should we validate the relative_path of a distribution to have
      exactly on “/”?
      -

         Dkliban to test that you can docker and podman pull from a
         distribution that has multiple / in the base_path
         -

      Mdellweg to write a story to allow creation of namespaces via Pulp
      REST API.
      -

   Distribution Base_path is unique across pulp
   -

      Existing Rpm distribution with base_path foo/test will not allow
      creation of container distribution
      -

         Dkliban to write proposal for how to allow plugin Distributions to
         opt out of cross-plugin uniqueness.
         -

      Path overlap and relative path validation does not make sense to keep
      for container distribution
      -

         https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/blob/master/pulpcore/app/serializers/publication.py#L124
         -

         https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/blob/master/pulpcore/app/serializers/base.py#L53
         -

   Performance progress/results
   -

      Still trying to figure out how to refactor the method
      relate_manifest_tag():
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_container/blob/master/pulp_container/app/tasks/sync_stages.py#L502
      -

      https://github.com/pulp/pulp-2to3-migration/blob/master/pulp_2to3_migration/app/plugin/docker/migrator.py#L143
      -

   Problematic language https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7070
   -

      Will discuss language consistency between plugins at open floor