[Pulp-dev] Name uniqueness problem in Pulp 3 REST API

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 12:27:13 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 8:14 AM Dennis Kliban <dkliban at redhat.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else have an opinion? If not, I am going to start by writing a
> task to remove this name uniqueness constraint for repositories.

Import/export relies on non-pulp_id-uniqueness to identify Things. I was
assuming we were talking about adding pulp_type to the Repository
uniqueness-constraint, so that a given name/type would be unique (which
would require a single change to RepositoryResource
<https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/blob/master/pulpcore/app/modelresource.py#L35>
)

If we're talking about just removing the uniqueness-constraint altogether,
then life gets a lot harder.

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering