[Pulp-dev] Name uniqueness problem in Pulp 3 REST API

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 15:18:52 UTC 2020

I'm concerned if we don't make a change, here's the user experience I'm
worried about.

1. User A creates repo 'rhel7'
2. user B can't see repo 'rhel7' because of queryset scoping
3. user B goes to create 'rhel7'
4. user B is told 'rhel7' already exists

Users should be able to use simple names. I don't know what the answer is
to the import/export implementation conflict, but let's brainstorm some.
For the benefit of our users, I don't think that implementation should
interfere with this basic use.

Side note: from early on in Pulp3, pk's not names have been the primary
identifier. I'm unclear on how we got away from that.