[Pulp-dev] Draft Community Demo - Your Opinion Please

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 16:34:30 UTC 2020

Thanks for working on this. Responses inline below.

David

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM Melanie Corr <mcorr at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need your help in shaping the survey[0].
>
> I copied over some questions from last year's survey and added what I
> thought might be interesting. Last year's survey contains a lot of
> "planning" questions for future upgrades to Pulp 3. Many things have
> changed since then, and I think you know best where we need to focus.
>
> I added conditions to the survey to try and separate the following:
>
> * Questions for Pulp 2 Users
> * Questions for Pulp 3 Users
> * Questions for people who are in-between their migration. This last
> category of user may exist only in my head. Let me know :)
>

> Questions for you:
>
> Do you think streaming the survey into separate user groups like this is a
> good idea?

Is it possible though to compare the results across surveys (like what OS
people are using)?

> With the Pulp 2 survey, do we want to collect, for example, what version
> of MongoDB they're using? I'm assuming we ultimately want to guide users
> away from Pulp 2, so most of what I added related to a future migration to
> Pulp 3. I kept all the "what features would you like" type questions for
> the Pulp 3 part of the survey and focused on what they need to get away
> from Pulp 2. What do you think?

For Pulp 2, I would ditch most of the questions that aren't relevant to why
they are still on Pulp 2 and what their upgrade/trial experience of Pulp
3 is like (if any).

> For the Pulp 3 users, are there any areas I haven't covered where you want
> to focus and learn their experiences?
>

> I asked Greg Sutcliffe, the MBU's Data Analyst, a question related to
> rewording I was doing on one question. One piece of advice he gave me was
> to beware of asking about solutions to complex problems. For example, on
> his advice, I changed "If there was a Pulp 3 web-based interface, would you
> use it?" from the 2019 survey to "Do you need a Pulp 3 web UI for your
> environment?" with the follow-up question to describe that workflow if they
> answer yes. He said to focus the questions on their experiences and their
> problems rather than having them propose hypothetical solutions.

+1, good idea.