[Pulp-dev] Katello/Pulp 3 integration scrum notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 17:45:19 UTC 2020

July 29, 2020

Pulp

   -

   Core
   -

      OpenAPI v3 change has been merged to master
      -

         Will be released in Pulp 3.6
         -

         Will probably affect the bindings method signatures
         -

   Container
   -

      When is import/export support expected by Katello?
      -

         “Not too soon”
         -

   RPM
   -

      3.5 is out (compatible with pulpcore 3.4), includes mirror list
      support, retain_package_versions feature (similar to pulp2
      retain-old-count), distribution tree fixes
      -

      Improving tests for distribution tree support
      -

   Migration
   -

      Blocker from last week https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6950 is fixed but
      requires RPM 3.5
      -

      0.2.0b6 is out, includes advisory and distribution tree fixes, memory
      improvements
      -

      Memory improvements caused some drop in performance, we are looking
      at solutions
      -

      “Large package migration issue” https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7193
      -

         fixed in createrepo_c upstream
         -

         waiting on their release
         -

         we’ll require createrepo_c > 0.16

Katello

   -

   Looking to upgrade to 3.5 rpm in 3.16
   -

   Looking to upgrade to 3.5 in nightly
   -

   Try out new pulp 3.6 nightly bindings
   -

   Continued testing of migrations
   -

   Multi-repo dep solving work
   -

   Adding optimize=false sync
   -

      https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7228 - bug when mirror=true and
      optimize=true
      -

   Adding verify checksum scan support
   -

   Issue with tasks:  https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7239

Topics

   -

   Considering changing the upstream z-stream policy to support multiple
   z-streams not just one
   -

      Need discussion and agreement in pulp community
      -

      Need a clear process to request backports
      -

         Likely a new tracker type …
         -

      Need to make sure mini-teams are prepared for z-stream cherry picking
      -

   Planning adjustment to the default download concurrency to 10
   -

      Likely increasing runtime by roughly 30%
      -

      https://hackmd.io/@ggainey/pulp3_sync_concurrency

Top Priorities

   -