[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installers Meeting Minutes (2020-06-17)

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 15:54:48 UTC 2020

Jun 17, 2020

   -

   Welcome Yanis to the Pulp Installers group!
   -

   Triage - https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/issues?query_id=157
   -

   Testing matrix (huge) 9 jobs for PRs, 36 jobs for push and cron
   -

   Email “Ansible Role Standards 1.0.0 Released!” link
   <https://github.com/oasis-roles/meta_standards/tree/1.0.0>
   -

   CentOS 8.2 mostly released (6/16)
   -

      Dockerhub updated <https://hub.docker.com/_/centos?tab=tags>
      -

         Let’s remove the CI workaround to “upgrade to stream if on 8.1”,
         and the workaround in ./pulp_devel/tasks/install_podman.yml.
         -

            [decision] Yes
            -

         Do we want to create a new molecule (CI) scenario for centos 8
         stream?
         -

            [decision] Let’s hold off for complexity / RAM usage on GHA
            reasons
            -

         Let’s not quit the installer if < EL 8.2 yet. EL 8.1 might
         actually be working for pulp_rpm given the installer now has reduced
         dependence on system RPMs.
         -

            [decision] Do not implement check unless we know 8.1 is indeed
            incompatible
            -

      Vagrant registry <https://app.vagrantup.com/centos/boxes/8> not
      updated, but cloud.centos.org
      <https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8/vagrant/x86_64/images/> is
      -

         Mike’s suggestion: Give them until the end of the week to update,
         then check & remind.
         -

            [decision] Agreed
            -

         Create centos8 (non-stream) vagrant boxes as soon as it is ready.
         -

            [decision] Agreed
            -

   FYI about design of install-from-rpm
   -

      If users run a `yum update`, they have to re-run the installer with
      “pulp_upgraded manually” boolean.
      -

         https://dnf-plugins-core.readthedocs.io/en/latest/versionlock.html
         -

   Open PR review

Action Items

   -

   [dkliban] to add pulp-redis to pulpcore docs
   -

      https://docs.pulpproject.org/installation/instructions.html#ansible-installation-recommended
      -

   [dkliban] to review + merge
   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/328
   -

   [mikedep333] to file tasks for restructuring roles (pulp-common vs
   pulp-api, pulp-meta role(s) at top), and for systemd units with a single
   restartable meta unit.
   -

   [mikedep333] to file task for dnf versionlock in pulp_installer’s RPM
   mode.
   -

   [fao89] file an epic for optimizing testing matrix

--

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His

Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp