[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 16:16:47 UTC 2020

Pulp 3:

   -

   Kickstarts copy issue https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7046
   -

      Lots of discussion
      -

      AI: dkliban will add commentary to issue
      -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7046#note-3
         -

   Retain old count
   -

      Basically done - writing a test, might rename the field
      -

         https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1752
         -

            AI: feedback is needed for the naming of user facing
            configuration parameter
            -

      Need to do a little more thinking about whether we can share an
      install of the extension with Katello or if we should just dump
the entire
      extension into the database ourselves with raw SQL
      -

         Katello has an RPM that provides it
         -

         If install custom-type via rpm, still need migration to take
         advantage of it
         -

            Django can note existence/lack-thereof of a plugin
            -

   Comps.xml relations removal and recursive copy
   -

      Copy is in progress, looks good so far
      -

      It’s preferable if all changes go together into one Y release
      -

   Mirrored metadata <https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5200>
   -

      No time to move this forward
      -

      ttereshc will try to move it forward, had a knowledge/ideas dump from
      dkliban earlier today

Pulp 2:

   -

   2.21.3 - dev freeze today, beta - on Tuesday

Open PRs:

   -

   https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls

Triage: