[Pulp-dev] Package in a different repo does not get added to package list on Module

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 12:48:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:07 AM Ina Panova <ipanova at redhat.com> wrote:

> This has always been a grey area:
>
> what if the user who has created RepoA cannot access content to the repoB
> and yet we are 'stealing' the content from repoB?

This isn't exactly related to your question but I wanted to share a thought.

I call this problem "content isolation", and I hope in the future (maybe
the near-future) Pulp will isolate content per-user/group. Pulp has a
multi-tenancy problem. The reasoning is that pulp is built as a multi-user
system, but as it is your content isn't actually safe from other users.
This could circumvent things like users syncing pay-for redhat content with
pulp and then having other users of that system who are not RH subscribers
have "full access" to that content.

>From a high level, I think the solution to "content isolation problem" is
to use add "user/group" ownership restriction at the queryset level and
probably integrate w/ a user-configurable policy engine like
drf-access-policy
https://rsinger86.github.io/drf-access-policy/multi_tenacy/