[Pulp-dev] fedorapeople.org fixtures

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Fri May 1 19:16:43 UTC 2020

I'm +1 on stopping the use of fixtures on fedora people (see some reasoning
below). I'd like to offer to contact the folks who host other Pulp
infrastructure ( https://osci.io/ ) to inquire if they could standup an
auto-refreshing container to serve fixtures. This would pull the container
every time it changes, checking every few min, from wherever we publish it
to. Maybe we use https://fixtures.pulpproject.org/   What do you think?

Here's some reasoning about why I believe Pup should discontinue its
fedorapeople use for fixtures going forward:

* The fedorapeople servers are configured with a Content-Type that
incorrectly advertises gzip content as already compressed to cause clients
to "auto-unzip". While this is nice for fedorapeople users, it's an issue
for Pulp testing because the expected hashes don't match when it is
expecting the content as-is, and yet the webserver instructs the client to
uncompress it first. They won't change the default so we have to open
tickets to have the "pulp portion of fedorapeople's configs" fixed to
advertise the content like a normal webserver should. This is further
complicated by ...

* Very few people have access to it because it's the place where the Pulp2
production bits are hosted. So we probably can't open it up to a broader
group. This means that we're architecturally we can't have more people
involved. To me this is a concern.