[Pulp-dev] signing service interface

Quirin Pamp pamp at atix.de
Tue May 5 07:39:22 UTC 2020

Could you explain the reasoning for a 'public.key' file?

In the case of the AptReleaseSigningService we built for pulp_deb we saw zero need for this file and consequently did not add it in.

(It would not be hard to add it just to satisfy the interface, it just would not serve any useful purpose.)

Since we are on the topic of signing services, a colleague has had a PR relating to them just sitting their waiting for a review for quite a while now ;-):
https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/659

It would be great if you (or somebody else) could have a look at it. I believe it is mostly ready, but probably needs the eyes of an experienced pulp core developer to look over it and suggest style consistency changes and where and whether to add documentation. ;-)

Quirin