[Pulp-dev] RFC: pulp command line interface

Matthias Dellweg mdellweg at redhat.com
Mon May 11 10:53:54 UTC 2020

A first draft of the architecture that should eventually govern the pulp
cli has been completed [0].
The feature set is naturally very limited, since we want to autotemplate
most of this after getting good feedback about the architecture.

Questions we want to settle at this point are:
  - Is the command structure comprehensive and useable?
    'pulp <plugin_name> <resource_class> [--type resource_type] <action>
<...>'
    'pulp file repository list' === 'pulp file repository --type File list'
  - Is the implemented plugin autoloading useful?
  - Should we put the cli (plugin-)packages in the corresponding pulp
plugin repos as subpackages?

[0] https://github.com/mdellweg/pulp-cli