[Pulp-dev] signing service interface

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Mon May 11 13:09:44 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:21 AM Matthias Dellweg <mdellweg at redhat.com>
wrote:

> What i like about this proposal is, that the yet unwritten rule, that one
> signing service is really meant to sign with one specific key would be very
> explicit.

I agree

We could go one step further and provide the key ID as environment to the
> script called (to make that part reusable / packageable).

+1 to packaging something reusable, but how do you imagine the key ID on
the data model relate to usages where the script is a gateway to an
external?

> Also we could state, that there is no reason to ever change a
> SigningService object, but to create a new one if you need to rekey or
> change the script behind it.

The implications of not being able to modify a SigningService is that after
an Administrator makes a change, pulp-API-users managing repositories that
would be pointing to that SigningService would have to
"switch-and-publish". If we can modify a SigningService then
pulp-repo-users with repositories would just need to republish. What do you
think about these outcomes?