[Pulp-dev] Installer project

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Mon May 11 14:22:52 UTC 2020

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Senior Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 3:55 PM Brian Bouterse <bmbouter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:48 AM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> During triage today, a majority of the issues that came up were for the
>> installer but only a handful of people could really speak to these issues.
>> I proposed that we skip these issues during triage and let the installer
>> team triage them.
>>
> I agree with this observation, a triage where not everyone can speak to
> issues isn't a good use of time. Overall I wonder if having an all-hands
> triage makes sense anymore given the mini-teams organization these days.
>

>> In order to do so, we'd have to create a separate project in redmine. My
>> initial feeling is that this makes sense since the installer work has
>> really grown into its own project and is no longer in the purview of
>> pulpcore.
>>
> What about us reconfiguring the triage query to disinclude issues with the
> installer tag on them as an alternative?

It feels like there will be less traction and confusion ( whether to open
an issue against pulp or installer project) if we add an installer tag,
however the installer team would need to make sure that installer issues
have the tag before the triage so they do get filtered out.