[Pulp-dev] Managing dependencies with Poetry - PoC
fabricio.aguiar at redhat.com
Tue May 12 22:34:50 UTC 2020
Due pulp_installer issue https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6623 and the epic for
I wanted to try Poetry and see how far I could go.
So I started a PoC on pulp_file, and I will share the pros and cons
- Manages the dependencies for us (creating a poetry.lock file)
- Easy to build and publish packages
- Easy to track dependencies
- With the latest version of pip, users are able to install using just pip
- Poetry does not work well in editable mode for multiple plugins 
- Developers need to install poetry to add/remove the dependencies
This email is not a call for action, I just wanted to share my findings in
case other people were thinking about adopting poetry. I didn't explore it
too much, so my conclusions may be wrong.
In case you wanna play with it, take a look at the PR:
Software Engineer, Pulp Project
Red Hat Brazil - Latam <https://www.redhat.com/>
+55 11 999652368
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev