[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu May 14 17:52:36 UTC 2020

Pulp 3:

   -

   https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6699
   -

      Core change
      -

      bmbouter to put a complete proposal
      -

   Release 3.3.1 is out, 3.3.2 is planned
   -

   Features
   -

      Estimate for mirroring metadata https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6353
      -

         Relative_path needs to be addressed to do this
         -

         Somewhere around 1-3 staff months/2 months.
         -

      Remaining features for Katello 4.0
      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=155
      -

         File task to skip drpms during sync
         -

         Daniel email amatej w/r to the drpm library support
         -

   Tests
   -

      Coverage
      -

         Hook and markdown form in WIP https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6706
         - RHEL repos
      -

         Users reporting problems only seen when consuming RHEL-CDN repos
         -

         Add debug-cert to secrets, have a nightly test against RHEL
         -

         Needs a test-specific/pulp-bot-owned cert-ticket opened
         -

         ttereshc takes AI to write up issue
         -

         dkliban takes AI to write up cert-getting ticket
         -

      Upgrade tests
      -

         Pulp_rpm_prerequisites CI tests upgrade, but it not test database
         migration (as it does not have data)
         -

         https://hackmd.io/Bz6cLGRCSMmnCLDvhnBWtg?both
         -

         Have upgrade tests with data in the db
         -

         Potentially run in CI for https://github.com/pulp/pulp-oci-images/
         -

         AI to write a task
         -

      SSL cert test https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6735
      -

         Needs “RHEL repos” above, to really have tests
         -

   Docs
   -

      RPM copy API documentation PR:
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1706
      -

      REST API docs are out of date, don’t forget to push fresh api.json if
      you make any changes affecting it
      -

         (dalley) I’m doing this in the copy docs PR
         -

         (david) I am never going to remember to do this. Can we add
         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/5541 to next sprint?
         -

            Discuss at open floor
            -