[Pulp-dev] Katello/Pulp3 Integration mtg

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 16:58:35 UTC 2020

November 4, 2020

Overview

   -

   Katello Schedule
   -

      3.18 branching:  Nov 2nd, Targeting Pulp 3.7
      -

         PRs are open, process is starting

Pulp

   -

   Pulp2
   -

      2.21.4 GA happened
      -

   Pulpcore
   -

      3.9 still on track for Nov 30
      -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7789
         -

      Alternate Content Sources feature planning
      -

         Met w/ jsherrill, mminar, and bbuckingham, bmbouter to write a
         plan, then katello and pulp to estimate level of efforts
         -

         Headed for katello 4.0
         -

   RPM
   -

      Various fixes, including the correct handling of changed repo
      metadata without a revision bump.
      -

      Pulp folks are supportive to prioritise the mirror-rpm-metadata
      feature for Katello 4.0.
      -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6353
         -

         We’ll try, but it’s not clear whether we have enough capacity for
         it.
         -

   Migration
   -

      Memory issues seem to go away with memory leak fixes in creatrepo_c
      -

         https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/pull/231
         -

         https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/pull/233
         -

         Not merged or released yet, but createrepo_c folks are asked to
         prioritise this upstream
         -

      Customer-like repo testing
      -

         1K+ repos, ~300K rpms, 600K+ errata relations and other smaller
         content types
         -

         Initial run - 7 hours for pulp, 9 hours (including pulp) for the
         rake task with reimport_all=true
         -

      Priorities for tasks or painful bugs
      -

         https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2020-November/msg00002.html
         -

         Let me know if katello opinion on priorities differs
         -

      Migration from scratch, in progress
      -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7714
         -

      Potentially a need for another 2.21.z release to add indices to mongo
      to the content collections.
      -

         ggainey cries in release-nanny
         -

      Has katello started integration with progress reports?
      -

         What is the priority for fixing the uniqueness of the `code` for a
         progress report https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7732
         -

      Pulp_deb https://github.com/pulp/pulp-2to3-migration/pull/149
      -

         Recently updated, seem to be a work in progress
         -

         Is there a known deadline to include it in Katello?
         -

   Ansible
   -

      0.5.0 was released. Has the url format change
      -

      Katello’s 3.7 repo is being upgraded due to it being shared with
      Galaxy NG also
      -

         Trying to sort out how to avoid these rush upgrades in the future
         -

      We’re working on supporting more fields in requirements.yml

Katello

   -

   Capsule-sync optimization
   -

      Happening at katello end
      -

      Trying to get a test-box for metrics - results #soon

QE

   -

   Waiting on test-system to start premigration work

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering