[Pulp-dev] CLI team meeting notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 14:02:08 UTC 2020

## Oct 8, 2020

* Handling SSL
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7658 - turn off ssl verification (fixed)
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7652 - need to handle eventually
* Run CI every night?
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulp-cli/pull/6
    * Let's run 7 days a week for now
* Our first bug!
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7666
    * Possible explanation: client is making a http request and being
redirected to https and then does a GET request
    * x9c4 to investigate
* Blog post and mailing list announcement are live
* Planning for next quarter (Dec-March)
    * We'd like to have a usable CLI by spring. Get upstream feedback and
for our personal use.
    * What goals do we have?
        * Easy to install/packaged
        * Covers pulpcore and pulp_file
        * pulp_rpm happy path (sync, publish, distribute, upload)
    * How much time do we want to ask for?
        * 3.5 FTEs
* Hard requirement: new features require a demo
    * let's allow to use the cli to demo new features to get early
contributions +1
* Meet again in 2 weeks after 3.8 release

David