[Pulp-dev] check-manifest

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 15:35:56 UTC 2020

Due to problems with files missing from Pulp 3 packages, the build team has
asked us to use a tool called check-manifest[0] to ensure that files are
not being omitted from our packages. I've added this to our
plugin_template[1].

The next time plugins update their Travis files, they will need to update
their manifests or explicitly ignore any files they don't want shipped in
their packages. Here are examples from pulpcore and pulp_file:

https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/957
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/pull/437

Alternatively, you can set 'check_manifest' to false in your
template_config.yml if you'd prefer not to run this check. You can run this
tool manually by installing the package with pip and running
'check-manifest'.

[0] https://pypi.org/project/check-manifest/
[1] https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/pull/274

David