[Pulp-dev] Disabling merge by commit

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 13:52:17 UTC 2020

On 9/23/20 7:18 AM, David Davis wrote:
> I think the two main things for me are (1) it makes git history more
> linear and (2) it cuts down on the number of commits. Both of these
> make git history more readable.

The 'rebase and merge' option provides a nice balance of letting you
provide multiple commits and maintain commit history while not creating
a merge commit and  making a hard to read commit history.  Sometimes it
is more expressive to have two (or three) commits that make up one pr to
make it into the source tree.