[Pulp-dev] 3.7.0 Release Timeline & Go/No-Go Chat Meeting

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 16:29:23 UTC 2020

Through IRC discussion here's what we learned:

* it's generally agreed plugins should not switch their pulpcore version in
a z-stream
* pulpcore 3.7.0 is on pypi so plugins can now use pulpcore>=3.7,<3.9 and
start releasing. Bump your y-versions even if there are no changes (it's
strange I know but ... bullet point one)
* 3.6.3 is broken, and I am now going to release a 3.6.4 and an installer
version 3.6.4 first, see this release tracker issue
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7557
* We're waiting on pulp_file and pulp_rpm compat releases for 3.7.0 before
the installer is released
* Once the installer and pulpcore bits are available (both 3.7.0 and 3.6.4)
announcements will go to pulp-list