[Pulp-dev] Issues with Python Plugin in Pulp 3 Container

Bob Fahr bfahr at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 13:07:32 UTC 2021

I've following the instructions [1] to install the pulp3 container with
podman and it appears to be running given that I'm able to get a status via
the api.  The status report shows the following info about the python
plugin:

    {
      "component": "pulp_python",
      "version": "3.0.0"
    },

I've followed the instruction [2] to install the pulp cli in a local venv
and created a config to point to the local container instance.  When I run
a command using the cli using the python plugin I get the following error.

    $ pulp python content list
    Error: 'python>=3.1.0.dev is not available

I haven't been able to find anything about this error and I'm hoping
someone here can help.

Thanks!

[1] https://pulpproject.org/pulp-in-one-container/
[2] https://pulp-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/workflows/index.html

--

Bob Fahr

Principal Software Engineer, CEE Insights

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>

bfahr at redhat.com    T: 256-217-0125
M: 501-733-2516
<https://red.ht/sig>