[Pulp-dev] Katello/Pulp3 Integration meeting
pamp at atix.de
Thu Apr 22 08:55:57 UTC 2021
Regarding "Should Katello use auto-publish/distribute feature?":
* I started working on this feature for pulp_deb yesterday, I do not yet have any kind of ETA when it will be done.
Regarding the Docker migration fix:
* I added a comment to the PR here: https://github.com/pulp/pulp-2to3-migration/pull/352/files#r618156842
* https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8562 could very well be the issue I mention in the comment.
* Since the fix should be fairly trivial, I will add a PR for that today (and hope that that is all there is to it).
I am still unsure how to go about getting the following version bumps into Katello without the risk of breaking things (I think these changes may well require updated API bindings):
* At the same time this is fairly important so I can do my 2to3 migration testing on the right foundations.
Since pulpcore 3.11 is not yet part of any released Katello version (?) perhaps I can at least merge:
* https://github.com/theforeman/pulpcore-packaging/pull/146 ?
* Also, the changes introduced through this version bump are minimal and do not contain anything that could cause API binding incompatibilities.
From: pulp-dev-bounces at redhat.com <pulp-dev-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of Grant Gainey <ggainey at redhat.com>
Sent: 21 April 2021 18:15
To: Pulp-dev <pulp-dev at redhat.com>
Subject: [Pulp-dev] Katello/Pulp3 Integration meeting
April 21, 2021
* Katello Schedule
* 4.1 branching ~May 2021
* pulpcore 3.10 (or newer)
* 4.2 branching ~August 2021
* 4.3 branching ~Nov 2021
* Plugin-required API needed to be added
* Should Katello use auto-publish/distribute feature?
* Modular static_context in Pulp2?
* Would need work to start *now*
* Docker migration fix, in review
* Needs feedback from pulp_deb (ATIX)?
* Deb-migration needs work to fix reported issue
* Working in the background on the zchunk issue https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8400
* Prob useful to get onto a z-stream release for katello
* Need to look into https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8566
* No updates
* Pulp Container
* 2.5.2 is out
* Apache webserver snippet fixed
* Prob doesn’t impact katello
* Pulp CLI
* No updates
* Dogfood testing
* Duplicate file issue filed https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8582
* Workaround: remove dup-files?
* Adding checksums configuration to settings.py - PR open
* Turning on ansible-collection-support for 4.1
* Auth’d podman pull support on container gateway (close to merge)
* Pipeline for live vcr testing with latest bindings #soon
* Evgeni Hit this on container 2.2.1: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8350, will ask him to file an issue
* Is this a 4.0 blocker?
* AI: Jsherrill to check on related-katello-fix - is it in the snap?
* Yes (alas)
* Continue to test latest downstream z-stream
* all green so far!
* Waiting on dogfood upgrade to run migration
* Customer DB
* Migration completed
* Need help with change hostname on satlab side to run switchover
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev