[Pulp-dev] Tracking issues for plugin_template

Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden ewoud+pulp at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl
Fri Apr 30 14:57:39 UTC 2021

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 09:21:05PM -0400, Daniel Alley wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:37 AM David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> We started working on a plan to move repos over to Github Issues after
>> PulpCon last year but I think it kind of fell by the wayside over the past
>> few months due to how busy we've been with stakeholder work. It would
>> definitely be a requirement in my mind to sort out things like how to link
>> BZs to issues before moving plugins and other repos over to Gihub Issues
>> that might have issues that affect downstream.
>
>I doubt there's any "good" way to link external bugs from Github because
>Mozilla doesn't do so.  They just add an extra tag and you just have to
>find the link somewhere in the comments.
>
>e.g.
>https://github.com/servo/webrender/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Abugzilled

If you're on a paid plan you can replace links to an external system. I
can't find exactly where since it's hell to search for, but an example
can be seen in https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet where PUP-NNN links
to their JIRA instance.

It looks like it doesn't replace it everywhere as can be seen in a
random PR: https://github.com/puppetlabs/facter/pull/2371

Certainly this isn't great.