[Pulp-dev] Pulpcore team meeting

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Jan 5 14:58:42 UTC 2021

# January 5, 2021

## Previous action items
* [dkliban] to release pulp_file 1.5.0
* [ttereshc] work on https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7869
    * done https://github.com/pulp/plugin_template/pull/325
* [x9c4] write a task to have a test that searches for log messages with
deprecation warnings
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7997 [Done]
* [x9c4] start a pulp-dev thread about RBAC - objects that do not have
access policy are accesible by default
    * Done
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1064
* [dklban] to look at https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/799
    * Done. Needs some installer changes.
* [ttereshc] update the release guide and plugin templates in plan.io
clarify when to bump plugin's Y release.
    * done
https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp3_Release_Guide#Criteria-to-have-the-Y-release-for-plugins
    * needs feedback
https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2020-December/msg00032.html

## Topics
* Move off Travis https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7859
    * need a volunteer for the remaining task to publish docs on every push
* Backports https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7950 and
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7951
    * on hold till the fixes are merged
    * galaxy requirement: pulpcore>=3.7,<3.9 (backport will be needed in
3.7 and 3.8) https://github.com/ansible/galaxy_ng/blob/4.2.0/setup.py#L60
* Object labels https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7127
     * Need a volunteer to deliver in pulpcore 3.10
     * daviddavis: started on this
* Can we make the users, groups and permissions resources manageble by the
rest-api?
    * enables us to add cli commands for them
    * Sounds good. Check with bmbouter.
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8010
* Should backports be backported to every (minor) version between the fix
and the requested version
    * We need an LTS, 3.7 is defacto an LTS version.
    * Mailing list discussion
* new idna (sub-dependency) releases break pulp installation
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6169
    * Follow up at installer meeting to ensure users are using the newest
version of pip (has newest dependency solver)
* Signing service SMEs?
    * matthias and dkliban

## Action Items
* [dkliban] to close out pulp_file 1.5.0
* [ttereshc] start discussion about LTS versions of pulp

David