[Pulp-dev] Backports and LTS

Matthias Dellweg mdellweg at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 11:04:30 UTC 2021

Thanks for putting all the options together.
I would say that option 2 is a recipe for very bad user experience, and i'd
vote strongly against it.
I am ok with option 1, but I would add that the backport to the
intermediate minor releases _must_ be performed (as in released) counting
down, to always meet that upgrade expectation. Remember releasing can be
delayed unexpectedly due to reasons.
If we go for option 3, I think it's advisable to try to sync up
stakeholders, because we don't want to maintain consecutive minor versions
as LTS, and again, backporting a fix must traverse all maintained LTS in
backward order. We should add expectations to how long we can keep an LTS
version alive, and how often we bless one.