[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installers team meeting minutes 2021-05-27 & 2021-06-03
mikedep333 at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 14:50:28 UTC 2021
## Jun 03 Agenda
* [mikedep333] I don't think we should specify the pulpcore-selinux version
in the release script
* The installer never installs the master branch anyway.
* We'll need the fixes of the latest pulpcore-selinux version in the
pulp master branch.
* It's good to have the fixes in the changelog when we bump it via a
* Alternatives could include having it track a branch for devel
installs, and specify the version at release time.
* We'll need separate selinux policies for pulpcore stable release
## May 27 Agenda
* Is fao89 the primary pulp_installer maintainer still, or is mikedep333 it
* [agreed] mikedep333 will step up
* ansible 4.0.0 is out!
* read more about the changes later
* continue to support the last 2, or possibly last 3, versions of
* [RPM signing service script PR from months ago](
* Agreed: mike to rebase. If it doesn't work, either fix it, or hand it
* Also, pulpcore-manager command can install it. (rather than the shell)
* Operator nodeports
* Not doing a pulp_installer release for each micro release
* This is similar to the original plan for the installer to revolve
around minor release of pulpcore & of plugins.
* Original discussion:
* [mikedep333's proposal](
* [bmbouter's couter-proposal to do micro-versioned releases](
* [mikedep333's agreement/details for micro-versioned releases](
* Lack of CI on branches (or at least I don't see it.)
* This is partially mitigated currently by doing releases.
* Common breakage we catch is that python package needs to be
pinned for pulp to actually install (e.g., pip)
* Implementation would include:
* `pulpcore_update` variable (false for idempotency)
* I'm noticing lots of instances where we update code/docs in some places,
but not in the other places. (molecule tests, GHA workflows, especially)
* FIPS runners disabled from PR due to GHA runners being blocked, still
running on nightly
* agreed: This was part of the plan all along. (If the FIPS tests take
up too much time, we'll disable them at PR time.)
He / Him / His
Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp
Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev