[Pulp-dev] Pulp Installers Team Meeting Minutes

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 14:47:08 UTC 2021

Forgot to add an important line:

## March 10 Agenda
* ansible 3
    * POC - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/545
    * CI requiring a removed scenario
    * support from 2.9 to 3.0? Or keep with the latest 2 releases (2.10,
3)?
        * [mikedep333] Definitely drop 2.8, added comment to PR on how to
do that.
        * [mikedep333] Let's keep 2.9 for now, due to confusion over new
version scheme, irregular pip upgrade process to 2.10, and to distros often
having 2.9.
* runtime metadata
    * https://github.com/pulp/pulp_installer/pull/540
    * currently not enforced, but it helps as a hint
    * [mikedep333] Awesome!
* https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8186
    * ppicka cannot reproduce it on a CentOS 7 VM
    * [mikedep333] Such a simple fix, so let's just add `become:true` and
add a comment that on some environments, it is necessary.
* Warnings about GHA upgrading ubuntu-latest to Ubuntu 20.04 soon
(plugin-template and pulp_installer)
    * [mikedep333] IIRC, on 1/20 we agreed that because our repos are
mostly compatible with 20.04, we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
    * fao89 just confirmed that pulp_installer is compatible, as well as
all but 1 of the rest of his forks. (His forks are on 20.04, GHA is doing a
rolling release.) The sole incompatible repo is pulp-operator.
    * [mikedep333] We should upgrade pulp_installer, easier than
plugin-template, with no plugin scripts.