[Pulp-dev] Breaking change (for plugin writers) announcement

Daniel Alley dalley at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 22:22:17 UTC 2021

We determined that there is a path for moving forwards which would be a
little more work (in the short term), but would preserve the deprecation
policy - so we are changing the plan described above and will instead be
maintaining the deprecation policy. It’s written into the epic (
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8383 ) with most of the work happening in 3.12.
The timeline is being driven by auto-distribute being needed also in 3.12
and this work blocking that.

With the deprecation policy remaining intact, it is recommended for your
plugin releases compatible with 3.11 to also declare compatibility with
3.12.